You are here
Directions & Transportation
Bishop McNamara High School6800 Marlboro PikeForestville, MD 20747
Exit from the Beltway (I-95/495) at 11B (Rt 4/Pennsylvania Avenue, West). Go to the second light and turn right on Donnell Drive (you are between two shopping malls). At the end of Donnell Drive, turn left on Marlboro Pike. The school is on the right about a quarter of a mile, just before Mt. Calvary Church and School.
Campus Map - Legend:
Bishop McNamara each year compiles information for interested parents regarding carpools. An online registration form is available each summer for the upcoming year. Please note: BMHS does not form carpools, but assists with assembling contact information from the BMHS families interested in carpooling.
Carpool Registration is closed at this time. If you require additional information regarding carpools, contact Mrs. Joanann Walther at 301-735-8401 ext. 149.
Affordable Bus Company will provide bus transportation for Bishop McNamara students from Charles County/Clinton and Bowie/Largo, MD under the following terms:
- Parents will register online before June 15thth to sign up for bus transportation. Minimum ridership of 15 students per route required or the route will not be offered. The non-refundable deposit will be applied to the annual fee when the route is established.
- Bishop McNamara will bill families on a monthly basis. The balance of the monthly fees will be paid August to April; $250 for round trip transportation ($200 for one-way transportation) per child for 10 months. Annual contract required.
- Students would be picked up/dropped off at designated sites established after registration is complete.
- Student behavior on the bus will conform to the standards established in the Student Handbook.
- From Charles County: Initial pickup stop at Pinefield Mall in Waldorf; second stop at St. John the Evangelist in Clinton. Additional stops will be established as needed. Annual fee: $2500 roundtrip; $2000 one way.
- From Bowie, MD: Initial pickup stop at the intersection of Rt. 450 and 197, with stops to be established in Glenn Dale, Mitchellville (Fairwood) and Largo as needed. Annual fee: $2500 roundtrip; $2000 one way.
Bus Transportation Registration and Monthly Payment Online
Please complete all information requested in the cart at the link below.
- We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
- Complete all information in the secure transaction cart and submit payment
- You will receive an email confirming your transaction. Please save/print this email for your records.
- You will have the option in the cart to pay monthly or annually.
- Click on button below to complete the registration/payment process.
Metrorail and Metrobus
Please contact WMATA for exact routes, times and fees. Possible routes may take you to the Suitland Metro Station where you take the K12 Bus, or the Addison Road Metro Station where you may take the J12 Bus to the stop across from the school. Routes and stops may change from time to time so contact the WMATA for the latest information.