You are here
Bishop McNamara joins with Prince George's Community College in this initiative to continue the tradition of quality education at the secondary and post-secondary levels.
Prince George's Community College will offer college classes taught at Bishop McNamara High School. This opportunity for obtaining concurrent/dual credit is open to juniors and seniors whose general academic profile meets Prince George's Community College criteria. During the school year, classes will take place as Omega Periods from 3:30-6:30pm one day a week on the McNamara campus.
Mandatory Orientation Date for all Fall Students on Friday, August 24 from 9-11am.
Costs for spring 2013 classes are still to be determined.
BMT 1010 Introduction to Business. 3 Credits
Time and Room: TBD Basic characteristics of the business enterprise, its organization and role in a free society. Prerequisite: Receiving a passing reading score on the Accuplacer.
Notes:Students taking BMT1010 will receive high school academic credit (1.0 elective credit) if the course is passed. The grade will be reflected on transcripts but will not be calculated in the student's high school GPA.
Students registered for concurrent enrollment with Prince George's Community College will have the full library and other academic privileges of Prince George's Community College students. They will receive official grades and transcripts from the college.
PGCC High School Students Policy
The Concurrent Enrollment Program is for those 16 or older who wish to take courses from the college while still enrolled in high school. Students must be high school seniors. High school juniors may be eligible for participation provided they are 16 years of age.
In addition, each student must:
- Have a cumulative grade-point average of 2.50 or the equivalent (3.0 for BMHS students).
- Be certified by your current school counselor as approved for participation.
- Apply for admission and identify themselves as concurrent enrollment students under Program of Study. Completed PGCC applications should be turned into Ms. Treichel.
- Pay the nonrefundable $25.00 application fee (waived for BMHS students).
- Schedule college placement tests with Ms. Treichel, achieving college-level placement scores, prior to registration.
- Take no more than two courses each semester as this is a concurrent enrollment program.
- Abide by all college policies, procedures and regulations while on campus or in the classroom.
- Upon receipt of an e-mail from the college regarding Owl Link, the college's Web-based computer system, sign in to Owl Link and become familiar with the services accessible through this system. The e-mail will contain full instructions.
- Agree and sign the Bishop McNamara Concurrent Enrollment Contract.
For additional questions, please contact Ms. Clare Treichel, Director of Counseling, at 301-735-8401 ext. 140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.